Welcome to my Blog

Hello visitors!
This is my blog that I am creating as part of a State Library of Victoria Training program.
I have deciced to call my blog Close the Gap , because maybe doing this will close the gap in my knowledge about Web 2.0.
MORE IMPORTANTLY :
Close the Gap is Australia's largest campaign to improve Indigenous Health. It involves both Indigenous and non-Indigenous organisations, including Oxfam Australia. The campaign calls on federal, state and territory governments to commit to closing the life expectancy gap between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians within a generation.
http://www.oxfam.org.au/campaigns/indigenous-health/
I am experimenting as I learn more along the way, and it is a bit of a journal of my learning . I have also decided to make it a bit of a chronicle of my almost all pervasive passion for Indigenous issues, literature, music, art and culture.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Technorati

Had a look at Technorati.
Not feeling chatty about it. As for Web 2.0, well, it definately will impact on Libraries of the future, it is already impactign on us with the amount of time we are spending on this training. A colleague of mine was here for hours last night trying to catch up wiht her Blog.

Where I work,we still have kids who come in and can't tell the time, and children roaming around at the age of 3 unaccompanied by adults, homeless people snoozing, and I love this real world, and like talking to all these real PEOPLE . Not sure what point I am making.

I am sounding a bit grumpy and tired today, so I am going to cease writing for now.

No comments: