Welcome to my Blog

Hello visitors!
This is my blog that I am creating as part of a State Library of Victoria Training program.
I have deciced to call my blog Close the Gap , because maybe doing this will close the gap in my knowledge about Web 2.0.
MORE IMPORTANTLY :
Close the Gap is Australia's largest campaign to improve Indigenous Health. It involves both Indigenous and non-Indigenous organisations, including Oxfam Australia. The campaign calls on federal, state and territory governments to commit to closing the life expectancy gap between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians within a generation.
http://www.oxfam.org.au/campaigns/indigenous-health/
I am experimenting as I learn more along the way, and it is a bit of a journal of my learning . I have also decided to make it a bit of a chronicle of my almost all pervasive passion for Indigenous issues, literature, music, art and culture.

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

RSS and Gordon Bennett


Altered Body Print ( Shadow Figure Howling at the Moon ) Gordon Bennett 1994.

I attempted the RSS learning task again, and succeeded to register with Bloglines, and now have some State Library Feeds, Alia Feeds and a few other feeds too. I am not sure whether, I will really log in to Bloglines all that often and have a look at, but as other Yarra Library Bloggers have said, its good to know how to do it and what it is all about. I heard that new version of Outlook that Yarra will be getting in the future will have RSS capabilities, and this would be better than logging into another account. Also, a colleague of mine showed me her Google home page which had her email, feeds, and news all in one account, which seemed easier.

Anyway enough on RSS, because I think its been blogged on all our pages to within an inch of its life.
On Sunday I went to the Gordon Bennett Retrospective at the NGV ( Federation Square) It was just amazing, truly a wonderful exhibition, very intense, my mind was a bit blown afterwards, but it is powerful and amazing work. So another cultural recommendation, and its on until January, so it gives you a bot of time to go! Bennett is an Aboriginal Artist that challenges the official history of Australia, but also challenges notions of Aboriginality and identity. I think he actually challenges ideas about being and Aboriginal Artist, so I guess I should say he is a Contemporary Australian Artist.
Actually I wonder what Gordon Bennett would say about my posting his picture- which was one of my favorite, next to such an inane post about RSS. Hmm



1 comment:

Emerald said...

the galleries are one of the best things about melbourne. out of interest how does he challenge the official history of australia and identity?